Sunday 7 October 2012

Match-maker, Match-maker, can you light the damn cigarette? Please.



What happens when your boyfriend is someone you remember routinely only come Monday mornings? What if life’s simple pleasures leave you feeling so pleasured, that the thought of calling him on the weekend never crosses your mind? And it suddenly hits you that you have the same feeling while calling him that you felt, while running an errand as a child? It’s got to be done before I can get the goodies...


Those being, an undisturbed few hours of doin’ my own thing, my playlist grooving through my veins, my haunches on my spot on the sofa, with my hard earned chocolate mud cake with double scoop

of vanilla, the TV remote in my hand to watch whatever the hell makes me happy...did I leave the hot fudge and hazelnut crumbs on the desert topped with cherries? And sure, I may suddenly change my mind and want to go shopping, but no, you cannot use the computer to play games until such time, ‘cos if you do, then you tamper with the fabric of choice. No, don't you see, we're creating the perfect couple, minus all the...ah…..the...umm...You.


Are these signs of a relationship maturing into a phase of domestic bliss, routine happiness or is it a sign that there is no more need of one, altogether?

Oh, so hard to tell...The shadow of pink and black are both a shadowy grey. How could something like neglect, which strangely makes me gleeful, make its way insidiously into a relationship? Maybe puppy love was meant to end with puppy for adoption. How do people shift so much, their world-views- what once made them

exotic in each other’s minds is now a strange blur in recollection...how did this happen? I’d like to know, because the boat seems to be sailing away in its own current, away from that island, called No-man. I guess the next stop is that show called One-man.


Two very different people often end up creating a hybrid of a relationship in getting to know each other: They invent terms to understand the middle ground; they create points of references that are new in the landscape, never before sat-on walls, never-knew-you-could-that feats of human achievement, ah! Never-even-knew- that-was-possible positions. If pasta is what he likes and sushi is what she likes, they decide to meet at Bean Salad Burritos.



The current is so fast and all consuming.. that it ends up making all things that were previously talked about,

un-newsworthy. Does this mean a relationship- has broken up? Maybe...so, this must be Moving On. I used to be bothered to try to understand to know, but the ice cream is melting. I am curious...who wouldn't be, after all those cats, but I hear we don't do that anymore...Curiosity just found a real lake on Mars.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this line "The shadow of pink and black are both a shadowy grey"...

    Multiple varying causes sometimes have the same or similar effect, confusing us when we try to establish the correct cause-effect relationship! Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...you really make this sound like a science Sowmya. Must schedule a long talk with you the subject!
      Swa

      Delete
  2. Sure... :)

    I am planning to be there at Urban Solace next Tuesday, we can talk then. I would have come today but Pramod said he wasn't coming so... he is the only guy I know there you know...

    ReplyDelete