Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Director's Cut


Lights, camera, and rolling!!
"I don’t know how else to tell you this, but I’m not in love with you."

Cut.
Hold your pose, loosen your grip, tie up your hair, a distraught woman is a disheveled woman.
And lights, camera, action, rolling…!

"I don’t know how else to tell you this, but I’m not in love with you."
And Cut.
Cut your ties, cut your off screen romance, your stealthy kisses in the dressing room, cut your oh-so sugary sweetness, cut those lies that bind you to goody two shoes, cut those enormously dilated eyes to pin size evil, stick your nose in the air, be haughty, attack him with words, destroy his soul.  
And, rolling,

"I don’t know how else to tell you this, but I’m not in love with you."
Cut. No No No No No. You are not his mommy, you are not his sister, you are not his friend and no, you are not his lover. You are the devil deep inside, wreaking havoc in his life. You want his pain, you want his tears, you want his strife, you want all the waking hours in his life, his days, months, his years. You want revenge before he cheats on you, you plot his failure before he pops the question, you squash his desire, you mince his heart, you swallow hard and remain unfazed by the power you wield, break his heart and send him back to the start.
And lights, camera, action. Rolling

"I really don’t know how else to tell you this, but I’m NOT in love with you."
And Cut. Better, but I want it to be bitter. This cannot end in hugs, this cannot meet in kisses, the next shot is agony, tears, growing pains that no prescription pill can kill. Think about the end, a man in a suit, heading an empire out of his car, and behind this man, was once a woman, YOU. You, who say the lines he needs to hear, so he never looks back, he’s not rejected, he’s catapulted by these words, he’s not enraged, he’s will conquer the world, he won’t stop at you, he’s going for the balls of his creator, a showdown with his maker, aim for his heart and stick a needle in there, a jabbing sting he won’t forget for the rest of his life, this film rests on how you do this…so do it, just do it, do it.

And lights, camera, rolling!

"I really don’t know how else to tell you this, but, you’re gonna need a replacement. I’m not doing this anymore."

4 comments:

  1. Hi Swarupa,

    Its nice to see the post here, the one you entertained us all with, this evening...

    I have added you to my blogroll.

    Do visit my blog sometime at http://letteredfeelings.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sowmya. I did visit your bolg, makes for a great read...voluminous as it is!
      Swa

      Delete
  2. Hi Swarupa

    Liked your writing... the rare blend of spunk, wit and a fresh take on life. I too read at the 100th edition of 'Tuesdays'... don't know what you thought of my stuff.

    You could read me at shootitifitrhymes.blogspot.com

    Pramod Shankar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pramod,
      Thank you!

      I did listen to your poetry too. Was insightful!
      Swa.

      Delete