Monday 22 October 2012

Ticket to Monsoon








So we've left a place called Blue Sky

Where everything is always as clear as day.

I have a ticket to Monsoon

where waters nourish, I’ve heard

the what, the why, the how and where

of one’s unresolved bearings...



The people of Monsoon, they cheer,

They warn me of what’s to come, of lashings,

and of molten vapours that sting

And of a sound that is more than I can bear…



Clouds are celebrities in monsoon

A trillion volt percussion event opens the show

They gather on the sly, mischievously, I’m told

Rather fickle creatures they are

Making promises wherever they go.



Silence, guest of honour, She arrives

She is the calm before the storm

She calls to the clouds, all dark and blue

Bursting at their seams in a biting cold rage



Then it begins, first as a lustful roar,

I hear it everywhere; I feel it in my core

Thunder’s symphony begins a celebration in the sky

With rowdy clouds, dancing into the night

with nourishing sweetness, the waters pour.



Midnight comes with a full moon up high

Those warm wet drops recede from Her expansive eyes

Through gullies and rivers and the great seas

And us, awestruck, passers-by.


No comments:

Post a Comment